Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a CAD Operator for a remote position based out of Detroit, MI! This position is paying $47/hour and begins right away.
• Utilize company CAD software to create new electronic drawings or edit existing electronic drawing files that may include both vector (linear features) & raster. (pixel features, i.e.; scanned legacy engineering drawings, aerial photos, etc.) data types
• Provide production drafting services to create new, or edit existing, CAD drawings.
• Create or update project material list, as necessary.
• Prepare drawing sets for Design (conceptual), AFB (approved for bidding) drawings, AFC (approved for construction) drawings and As Built drawings.
• Adhere to company filing system, CAD and Electrical Drafting Standards along with other company drafting techniques.
• Provide on-site field measurements/investigation at facilities located in the state of Michigan, unsupervised, as necessary.
• Provide quality self-check review of your CAD drafting work
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 2 year of electrical layout experience for electrical (AC & DC) power and control wiring (power distribution, schematic and ladder diagrams, etc.) and conduit routing
• General understanding of plan & section views, details, material list
• Experience with working in industrial gas processing facilities and/or refinery facilities and/or nuclear facilities.
• Must have basic knowledge of electrical code requirements.
• General understanding of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
• General understanding of isometric and schematic drawings.
• General understanding of industrial electrical systems, including: Hazardous area fittings, installation procedures, and criteria for use
• Conduit routing, assembly and installation Grounding systems, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience is a plus.
• General understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
• Must reside in the state of Michigan and possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
• Must be able to interpret and/or prepare field sketches and photographs.
• Basic knowledge of the use of reference files, raster images and cell libraries within CAD software.
The core hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 30 min. lunch time. Company will supply a laptop computer, two monitors, keyboard, mouse and docking station. This position is primarily home based, however, there are requirements to work from the corporate headquarters in Detroit, Michigan on a regular basis.