Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Database Administrator for a position in Pontiac, MI! This position is paying $105-115k annually and includes unbeatable benefits, including standard plus access to a state of the art fitness area, wellness area, gourmet cafeteria, and more!
• Influence the engineering team roadmap towards building systems that are scalable, easy to use, and resilient
• Capacity planning for large and dynamic highly transactional databases
• Drive and oversee workload analysis, performance benchmarking, and troubleshooting efforts
• Identify and work on technical debt and process improvement
• Develop documentation and diagram standards for as built and new systems.
• Lead strategic data architecture & database design discussions with application teams
• Work with the development teams to ensure a solid understanding of the existing application and database requirements. Configure database structures and parameters accordingly
• Resolve database performance issues and take corrective actions when necessary
• Possess overall understanding of IT architecture, infrastructure standards, database platforms and programming languages and tools
• Technical resource as it relates to database physical data storage, maintenance and security
• Manage backup and disaster recovery plans for all databases
• Tier 2 support for the Database Administration team
• Installation and configuration of new databases instances, conducting upgrades, and patching applications when appropriate
• 5+ years of experience in database administration/database engineer roles in a clustered/high-availability environment
• SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 or above Database Administration and Management
• Experience with SQL Server High Availability technologies
• Experience with SSIS and other ETL application support
• Experience with setup and maintenance of SQL Server transactional and snapshot replication
• A deep understanding and working knowledge of SQL Server Availability groups, Windows Failover clustering
• A general knowledge of the various types data stores: relational, data warehouse, file stores etc.
• Experience coding in T-SQL, or similar
• Experience with agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Apply now!Apply Now