Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant for a position in Pontiac, MI! This position is paying up to $95,000 and begins right away.
• Performs a variety of professional-level accounting and finance functions and analysis in support of the department; serves as a technical resource to staff on a variety of budgeting, accounting and analytical needs.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial and management reports in compliance with regulations and best practices, including research and data analysis. Resolves and explains differences, prepares corrections and required notes, statistical tables, schedules and other supplemental information as required.
• Coordinates fixed asset accountability.
• Performs complex operating or capital budget analyses such as project expenditure/revenue trends; reconciles data between different sources; analyzes proposed operational and legislation changes and trends, and projects fiscal impacts. Prepares analysis and narratives in support of program plans.
• Prepares portions of the annual financial statements, including research and data analysis, corrections, supporting documentation, notes, statistical tables, schedules and other supplemental information as required.
• Serves as primary confidential analytical support to labor relations; develops statistical analysis of salary data of comparable cities for purposes of labor strategy development; analyzes benefit data trends and compares multiple plan costs for use in negotiations; calculates total costs of labor proposals for confidential consideration for collective bargaining sessions; reviews classification and compensation studies and provides analysis of median and high/low range costs for confidential policy development.
• Performs analyses related to the development of internal and external interagency agreements; develops revenue estimates and coordinates or prepares interagency agreements involving complex financing and rate arrangements.
• The ability to gather, organize, track, analyze and interpret data and effectively communicate analysis in written and oral form,
• Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards pertaining to governmental accounting, BARS and financial reporting procedures.
• Knowledge of economic indicators, forecasting techniques, research methods and trends.
• Knowledge of generally accepted principles and practices of governmental financial accounting and budgeting.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of financial and statistical analysis, research techniques and financial record keeping and reporting.
• Knowledge of principles of compensation pertaining to public employers.
• Knowledge of The Fair Labor Standards Act.
• Knowledge of advanced mathematical principles.
• Ability to analyze complex costing spreadsheets and prepare recommendations
• Ability to prepare and analyze budgetary and financial statements
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience;
• OR any combination of experience, education and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required.
• A master's degree in business administration and/or public sector experience are preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation is desired.
• Valid driver's license is required.