Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Finance Director for a position in Pontiac, MI! This position is paying up to $123,000 annually and begins right away.
• Plans and directs fiscal policies; analyzes operations to evaluate performance and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
• Develops financial studies and plans; gathers, interprets and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations.
• Directs and coordinates financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
• Responsible for overseeing Utility Billing, Cash Receipting, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
• Supervises the preparation and issuance of the tax bills, and the collection of taxes. Oversees the disbursement of taxes to other local units of government.
• Supervises administrative employees performing financial functions, human resource and IT functions and/or other personnel performing related functions.
• Ensures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed with budget; performs control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures to ensure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; ensures effective use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
• Participates in the selection of finance staff and the establishment of major departments.
• Establishes and maintains internal control procedures and ensures that state and national standard accounting procedures are maintained.
• Serves as member of the City’s labor negotiation team by attending meetings and participating in costing proposals.
• Review employee hours and resolve discrepancies.
• Assist Treasury and train treasury personnel as needed.
• Review Income Tax reports or direct contractors and review reporting from contractors.
• Approve vendors.
• Approve invoice payments.
• Oversees the ongoing maintenance and development of computerized systems.
• Presents financial metrics on a monthly basis at the Personnel & Finance Committee.
• Prepares annual financial statements and oversees annual audit.
• Supervises the year-end closing of financial records. Provides needed documentation.
• Evaluates financial trends and prepares periodic reports and recommendations.
• Performs cash management functions including investment of municipal funds. Balances all funds and reconciles internal and bank accounts. Investigates and examines various investment options in order to achieve the best possible rate of return.
• Knowledge of modern governmental accounting theory, principles, practices, and procedures.
• Knowledge of procedures relating to municipal operations including auditing, budgeting, and treasury functions.
• Knowledge of property tax law.
• Ability to exercise professional judgment and maintain confidentiality when necessary.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic, equations, and permutations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Skills in accounting software; database software; internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
• Computer skills that encompass effective use of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and Internet browser software.
• Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field, or equivalent.
• Necessary experience includes five to ten years in professional accounting or financial management in a municipal setting.
• CPA certification preferred
Apply now!Apply Now