Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking an IT Estimator for a remote position based out of Detroit, MI! This position is paying $60-69/hour and begins right away.
· Supports the project teams and estimating/scheduling personnel efforts towards the development of the project plan and translating that project plan into the project cost loaded schedules.
· Leads, develops and provides analysis of project estimates Ensures the credibility of the information
· Assists with the preparation of project time and/or cost claims.
· Oversees the development and recording of the projects historical estimate information
· Work with Project Manager and or IT delivery lead to monitor and update the cost forecast sheet
· Conduct analysis of Estimate at completion (EAC) to initial project estimates and capture lessons learned
· Provides expertise to develop methodologies, techniques and tools, software, standards and guidelines for estimating; expert knowledge in application of estimating software and application of the software.
· Provides means of continuous improvement of the Project Controls organization through benchmarking and maintaining affiliations with industry estimating organizations and local/national chapters.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Estimator - 4+ years of experience in Information Technology estimating on large projects
- Expert knowledge in design, construction, program estimating. This includes developing various levels of cost estimate classifications (ROM, conceptual, parametric, definitive, etc.), financial and economic estimating and analysis, establishment of contingencies based on type of estimate and risk models.
- Understanding of estimating models, techniques, estimating quality and accuracy analysis, estimating strategy and estimating optimization (creating estimating models, simulations and sensitivity analysis), life cycle costing, budgeting, cash flow and forecasting, developing estimate basis, understanding of market conditions and how they affect estimates.
- Expert knowledge in cost elements, dimensions, classifications, types (material, equipment, labor, overhead and profit), subcontract and purchased costs, pricing strategies, development of code of accounts, quantification, ratios,, product and project costs.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and project management software; attainable through 3-plus year(s) of substantive experience with the application