Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking an Industrial Engineer for a position in Ottawa, Kansas! This position is paying $72,000 and includes great benefits: company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance option (effective your first day of employment), Flexible Spending Account for medical expenses, Company-paid Short & Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Additional life insurance policies available for self, spouse and children. Company paid holidays, paid sick time & paid vacation and company-matches a percentage of employee contributions into the 401K plan, Tuition reimbursement offered and more.
• Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency
• Studies functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication.
• Communicate with user personnel to develop production and design standards.
• Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
• Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
• Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment through lean processes and assists with implementation of changes.
• Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
• Using drafting and modeling tools available, design layouts of equipment, materials, and/or workspaces to illustrate maximum efficiency.
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
• Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
• Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
• Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
• Solve production problems that arise within an organization.
• Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations
• Minimum of BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics or related technical degree. (Will consider combination of education & equivalent experience in lieu of degree)
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant business/project experience
• Lean Manufacturing Skills
• Willing to work overtime if needed