Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Controls Engineer for a position in Novi, MI! This position is paying $35-60/hour and begins right away. Great health and financial benefits package!
· Design machine tool electrical hardware and software controls systems
• Design and develop electrical prints using AutoCAD
· Program PLCs and HMIs
· Create and troubleshoot ladder logic and HMI software.
• Maintain and modifying existing systems
· Work with mechanical engineering team to tailor electrical system to project requirements
· Programming of automation
· Design, implementation, testing, trouble shooting, startup onsite and offsite of machines
· Remote/telephone customer support
· Designing and programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs and servo drives.
· Must be able to create and read logic and electrical diagrams for troubleshooting machines and automation systems, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. Candidates will conduct functionality tests of equipment, as well as installation and repairs.
· Robot integration with machine
• Domestic and International Travel for Program Support and Field Service – 15% travel
• Work collaboratively with design engineers, other internal staff, and subcontractors
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving machines and equipment
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with current health and safety regulations
• Specifying components and materials for procurement
• Participate in machinery installation, repair, and maintenance
· Specific experience with electrical machine tool controls and a broader knowledge of lubrication, pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
· Practical experience with field wiring.
· Experience with Allen-Bradley, Rockwell Automation products
o A-B servo motors and drives, setting parameters and motor tuning.
o Experience with two axis that are electronically geared.
· Experience with other PLC/Servo Motor/Drive brands such as Siemens, Mitsubishi, SEW, etc.is a plus.
· Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley PLCs.
· Experience with several brands of HMI (Pro-face, C-more, etc.)
· Experience tracking component purchases in conjunction with purchasing department.
· Experience managing/directing electrical subcontractors (field wire, panel build and hardware/software design).
· Experience with hydraulic motion controllers, such as Delta is a plus.
· Ability to bring innovative ideas to the table to identify and implement latest technologies and reduce component and labor costs.
· Experience with Robot programming is a plus
· Advanced PLC programming (reading and writing) skills required.
· Advanced process understanding ability, must be comfortable not only reading schematics, prints, and CAD, but also be comfortable explaining to other department team members how to use said process docs.
High school diploma or equivalent, associate technical degree preferred
At least two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.