Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Data Platform Engineer for a position in Pontiac, MI! This position is paying $115-125k and includes unbeatable benefits, including standard plus access to a state of the art fitness area, wellness area, gourmet cafeteria, and more!
- Installation, configuration, and monitoring of new Data Platform instances when necessary, and conducting upgrades and patch applications when appropriate.
- Administrative support for Kafka, Redis and NoSql platforms.
- Provide solutions and guidance to development teams when proposed architecture does not comply with guidelines.
- Resolve performance issues using all available tools and take corrective actions.
- Deployment of infrastructure across multiple environments.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Data Management philosophies and apply them to existing and to-be architectures.
- Produce clear documentation around reoccurring processes.
- Forward thinking, proactive approach to troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Ability to provide accurate resource and capacity planning.
- Developing applications integrations on an as needed basis.
- 1+ years of experience in an enterprise level infrastructure environment creating, designing and managing highly available Data Platform solutions
- 1+ years of experience with Apache Kafka. Working knowledge of Kafka clusters (brokers, topics, partitions, connectors, etc.)
- Working experience with Redis distributed cache and NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Experience administering mission-critical Linux systems with a strong understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (systemd, memory/CPU/disk management, troubleshooting, Bash scripting, etc.)
- Proficiency in C# and/or Java
- Familiarity with different ingestion methods (.CSV, Flat File, RESTful, JSON, AVRO)
- Experience and understanding of traditional RDBMS Systems, CDC, ETL and ELT techniques
- Experience in working cohesively with Enterprise Infrastructure teams
- Provide after-hours support when necessary
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience