Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Troy, MI! This position is paying $65-75k and begins right away.
- Assist in troubleshooting production equipment & recommend corrective actions.
- Improve and troubleshoot controls (logic) issues on equipment
- Coordinate and conduct training of special equipment related skills
- Maintain training documentation as required
- Work with the Project Engineer to develop products utilizing the APQP process. Work with the Product and Quality Engineer to define product characteristics
- Perform engineering functions including calculations, FEA, material analysis, part performance evaluation, pre-production & production systems feasibility and etc.
- Utilize Design of Experiments and process analysis to insure smooth transition to production.
- Obtain vendor quotations, initiate P.O requisitions upon request and coordinate with Purchasing and suppliers to make sure all materials are made and shipped to meet program timing.
- Work in direct contact with the customer when necessary -- follow up with documentation, both written and oral, to the remaining team members explaining what transpired.
- Be present for pre-production trials and equipment buy-off
- Maintain regular contact with the suppliers and utilize their resources.
- Participate in and track project open issues (Internal / Plant Side) utilizing the APQP process.
- Develop machine specifications for new equipment, machines and tooling.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of product samples when necessary.
- Specify & maintain recommended crib stock on perishable tooling.
- Maintain production documentation (i.e.-Setup instructions, work instruction, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Engineering Degree or actively pursuing
- Strong knowledge of current use & leading edge technologies.
- Able to learn about new products / technologies quickly.
- Strong knowledge of material processing, tooling and part fabrication.
- Computer literate.