Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Paralegal in Rochester Hills, MI! This position is paying $50,000-67,000/year and begins right away.
- Assists with legal procedures, prepares legal documents, and conducts routine legal research.
- Assembles, proofreads, and edits drafts of contracts and/or other legal documents involving case law, and legal matters.
- Updates departmental records and files, tracks cases for attorney reference, opens and closes files and reviews for sufficiency, prepares and submits legal forms to proper parties.
- Reviews, certifies, index, issues, and files alphabetically, numerically, or according to subject matter, departmental documents, records. Composes documents from general instructions, routine correspondence, and reports. Maintains and organizes reference books and materials.
- Researches legal issues using hard copy and computer applications. May use Internet and personal computer software to compile reports, legal opinions, and other information.
- Conducts initial screening of parties who desire legal information or to initiate legal actions.
- Searches, at the request of attorneys or other public agencies, departmental files and records for specific information, and exercises judgment in determining whether the requesting individual is authorized to receive such information.
- Answers inquiries regarding departmental procedures, some of which may require detailed interpretation of legal and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists the public in completing standard departmental forms, questionnaires, or applications by answering procedural questions.
- Provides general office support duties as needed or assigned.
- May act as a liaison between victims and an assistant prosecuting attorney, the court, police, social service agencies and the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant certificate or degree by the American Bar Association
- Work experience in law office
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficient with current computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet and legal research programs
- Ability to communicate and work with attorneys, court personnel and the general public