Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Gas Measurement Specialist in Detroit, MI! This position is paying $25-27/hour and begins right away.
• Evaluates and identifies possible measurement anomalies and errors using trend charts or other statistical tools.
• Interacts closely with controls’ technicians to quickly remediate equipment issues or to optimize field measurement conditions.
• Implements approved enhancements to gas measurement systems to ensure compliance with company and industry standards.
• Prepares volumetric reports for internal and external gas customers.
• Evaluates the usage of customers with volume corrector instruments (VCI) to ensure accurate measurement; will develop billing correction strategies in SAP billing system applications and implement with occasional input from others.
• Seeks customer input on individual services provided to upstream and downstream business partners.
• Performs daily/monthly system balancing analyses to identify lost gas.
• May occasionally lead special cross-functional measurement projects to develop new or enhance existing processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or a related discipline
• 3 years of natural gas measurement (including working knowledge in metering technology, measurement systems/software), natural gas transmission, natural gas storage, or natural gas distribution experience
• Experience in the accounting practices of utilities
• Broad knowledge of gas transmission, distribution, and gathering systems
• Computer Skills: Word processing/spreadsheet/database systems
• Ability to defend data adjustment decisions using company and national gas measurement standards